Friday, December 12, 2008

PaperFace


I have recently been listening to a CD by the mozart of our time, Rivers Cuomo, and I heard a song come on called Paperface. As I dug deeper to find out the meaning of this phrase I read a little thing that Rivers wrote about it. He explained a story giving an example of what he meant by this. He tells of a girl he went to school with who was the prettiest, and smartest girl in his grade. Years later his friend tells him that this particular girl took of and stole a car, shot a cop, and ran to New Orleans. After I saw this I was thinking about all the people who hold who they truly are inside because they are scared they won't be accepted for who they really are. I have to admit that I fall into this category. Sometimes I find myself not wanting to tell my friends what I really think or something like that. This is sad I know, but for some reason, I don't think I am the only one. I know that lots of people are very different in front of other people. We all know a person who is cool when you are with them, but when they are around someone cooler than yourself, they are a total douchemouth. This is what I really wanted to talk about. I want to let all these people who try to act cooler when they are around other people know how annoying they are. Its ok to sometimes not act outgoing around everyone, but don't try to be a totally different person. So look inside and find your paperface, and take it off, just let your true self come out. If someone wont accept you for who you are, why do you want them to accept you at all? Think about it.

1 comment:

SweatyShembach said...

Man, I just thought about it, and you're right. I am going to freaking throw away all of my paperfaces and be me. If others don't like it, screw 'em! You have opened my eyes my friend:{)