Friday, January 2, 2009

Deep Thoughts Part I by Matt


In this very new year I have seen something amazing and something ludicrous.   I will start off with the amazing.

Tonight I watched the Utah Utes kick the asses of the Alabama Crimson Tide.  Not only was this game great because I am a Utes fan, but also because I saw how bull shit the BCS really is. Not only did I see it but the whole world should have seen it.  Utah is worthy of being the National Champions.  If not actually being the champions at least having a shot at the national title.  Utah was the only undefeated team in the whole nation this year.  That means that the two teams in the National Championship Bowl  are both one loss teams.  If that isn't enough, last year the Ohio State Buckeyes were in the National Championship Bowl and were a two loss team.  I guess that the whole reason for this incredible outrage, is the crap that the BCS has brought to college football.  What I would like to see is a fair way to tell who is really the national champions.  If those sports experts are really experts, why can't they make a fair more accurate way to tell the champion?  Answer me that.

The ludicrous thing that I have seen this year has a lot to do with girls.  I'm not saying that girls are bad or anything but when you get a kid who just wants some action with some girl it gets a little ridiculous.  If you can believe it or not one of my roommates who is living in MY house actually tried to kick me out so he could be alone with this girl.  Don't get me wrong I love this kid, but really? I just got home from work, and was looking forward to enjoying my night, and then he drops this bomb on me.  What the hell?  So I went upstairs and spent the night there by myself.  Come on man, our break is almost over.  Why not forget about the girl and hang out with the boys? 

I hope that you have enjoyed my first part of Deep Thoughts.  Stay tuned for another part.

2 comments:

SweatyShembach said...

Agree totally with you on the Utah bit. As for the friend telling you to scram so he can get some action, throw his ass out in the cold and tell them to warm each other up with body heat! Not only will it get you the house all to yourself, your friend would probably thank you for it in the long run:)

Hannah said...

Amen on the whole BCS part. I can't believe they still haven't done anything to fix this huge injustice in the sporting world. And I'm sorry about your stupid roommate. Next time just beat him up or something.