Sunday, January 25, 2009

Deep Thoughts Part IV by Matt


I am sorry about my tardiness on this weeks Deep Thoughts.  I feel that i forgot to do the Deep Thoughts for a reason. I was doing my assignment for History of Rock and Roll and I was trying to write some verses in AAB format for the Blues.  This assignment seemed easier that it was.  I was trying to write just three verses and it was hard.  Not only was it hard, but my verses are really dumb.  I gotta hand it to those blues writers, or even every song writer ever.  Kudos to you.  Now I am going to let you see my verses and them maybe you will appreciate songs so much more because of how dumb mine are.

1.

I was driving down the road, I was going 65,
Yeah rolling down the road, going 65,
When I saw this cat and I slapped him a high five.

2.

I woke up this morning, I couldn't feel my toes, 
Oh i woke up this morning with no feeling in my toes,
Then I looked down and noticed in the cold they were exposed.

3.

Floating down the stream in my tipped over canoe,
Yeah I was floating down the stream with my tipped over canoe,
I guess I have the classic case of the tipped over canoe blues.

See how crappy that is.  YBe grateful for the music we have today, and the artists we have.  Because not everyone can write lyrics, as you can see.  I love you :{)

3 comments:

SweatyShembach said...

Dude, this is the best song I have ever heard. I'd like to hear some music to it. "Tipped over canoe blues. . ."

Hannah said...

hahaha those were way better than my blues lyrics. Good work

WINTERS said...

Thank you both.... I will play you the Tipped over canoe blues when you come home next.